GAIA CODEX-The Press Kit
We are at a potent evolutionary moment—a critical choice point in human history.
Ready for passionate, innovative and timely perspectives on key current issues? Author, SARAH DREW, is available for radio, television, blog and print interviews. Please see below for a list of possible key memes and themes for media interviews.
Click HERE for Downloadable JPEGS of Book Jacket
Click HERE for high resolution photos of Sarah Drew
Interested in booking SARAH DREW as a Speaker for your event or organization? Click HERE:
Listen to Recent Interviews HERE
Sarah Drew, author of Gaia Codex, is a passionate explorer of culture and consciousness. She has traveled extensively around the world from the high peaks of Bhutan to the jungles of the Amazon. An experienced lecturer, who has taught at the graduate level and at organizations such as Google, Sarah is commited to the awakening of the sacred feminine, the evolution of consciousness and the protection and revitalization of Mother Earth at this critical turning point in history.
Her professional background is as a cultural curator and creator of innovative media. She lives with her partner in Manhattan and on a lush forested farm in the Hudson Valley.
About GAIA CODEX:
The Feminine Mysteries Long Forgotten…
An Ancient Wisdom Text Revealed…
Both an ancient, “found” wisdom text and a sumptuous, epic novel, Gaia Codex reveals the hidden histories of a world long forgotten, the teachings of an ancient lineage of women, the Priestesses of Astera. Set in a near future of impending societal and environmental collapse, the novel is a tale of hope and remembrance, as well as an inspired vision of humanity’s origins and of the potential we hold for conscious evolution.
Although written as fiction, Gaia Codex speaks to urgent truths of our times for many feel humanity is at a critical turning point and we must change our relationship to our Mother Earth and transform the cultures we live in.
PRAISE for GAIA CODEX:
Sarah Drew’s Gaia Codex has the ring of truth disguised as fiction. Gripping, urgent in its message, and rich with relatable characters, Gaia Codex transported me to a world so radiant that I was disheartened to come back to reality . . . even in my disappointment about how many of us have tragically lost touch with our divine nature and with Mother Earth, I am filled with hope that one day, such fiction might become real life.
Lissa Rankin, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
A beautifully written, inspiring story, GAIA CODEX is a portal into a magical world, one that we can — and must — shapeshift into reality. Sarah Drew pierces the veils of perception that divide past from present and future; she brings joy and hope through a riveting tale that honors the wisdom and power of nature, the feminine, and a Loving Earth.
Gaia Codex is a transmission in the guise of a creation story about the re-emergence of the sacred feminine to help birth a new world. It transmits the divine feminine archetype in greater dimensionality and with a sensual and relational sweetness I’ve rarely encountered elsewhere. A joy to read, it offers nectar in the form of remembering all the power, capacity and grace that lies within our embodied female capabilities, and that are but a fractal of the consciousness that permeate our mother Earth, herself. As a reminder of all that we carry, all that we are, and how we might best face this transformational moment of life on Earth, this book is tender and potent medicine for this time. Every woman and girl should read it, as it will strengthen our abilities to bring all that we are and can be to this pivotal time with self-appreciation, reverence and remembering.
Nina Simons, Co-founder and president, Bioneers
Gaia Codex is a deep journey into the past and future to discover how we can live right now. Sarah Drew reveals not only the beauty of nature, but the better instincts of human nature to be key. Gaia Codex will deepen your love of this living planet and commitment to the great work ahead.
Randy Hayes, founder, Rainforest Action Network
At this critical time in human history, an essential navigational instrument for our way forward is the renewal of our stories. Gaia Codex is an exquisite novel transmitted as a long-forgotten text and incantation reconnecting us to our living mother planet and feminine wisdom . . . Transformative and beautiful.
Osprey Orielle Lake, founder, Women’s Earth and Climate Caucus and award-winning author of Uprisings for the Earth
Gaia Codex is truly a terma (a sacred found text) for our times. Brilliant. Moving. Captivating. Enchanting. Illuminating. Fabulous. I laughed, I cried, I was transported into an altered state where every word echoed through my cells and awakened knowings and memories of the ages. The world you have imagined resonated in the very fabric of my being. It is not imagined. It is a dream reawakened. It is ten thousand lifetimes remembered and retold anew. Thank you for this Gift.
Cynthia Jurs, founder, Earth Treasure Vase Project and Alliance for the Earth
Read More Reviews HERE:
Memes and Themes for Transformation
Ready to Explore the World of GAIA CODEX?
The following is a small sampling of key topics, possible jumping off points, for exploration in media interviews and presentations.
Vibrant, thematic stock images are available for blogs and articles as needed.
Do you have other topics you would like to explore? Contact us HERE.
1. Reclaiming the Power of FEMININE WISDOM:
What happens when women reclaim the power of our intergenerational wisdom passed between mothers and daughters, sisters and friends? What happens when we open the doors into the ancient lineage traditions of the Divine Feminine, letting the Goddess flow through our bodies, our speech, our vision and actions, to heal ourselves, our communities, our culture and our Mother Earth?
GAIA CODEX is a sumptuous epic journey into a world where the deep roots of feminine wisdom have been protected and cultivated by an ancient lineage of priestesses who have incarnated through the ages and the rise and fall of cultures. It is said that these women, the Priestesses of Astera, remain hidden until those moments of extraordinary crisis and transformation when they will once more gather to share their wisdom for the benefit of all beings and the benefit of Life
- Explore specific, historical and cross-cultural traditions of women’s wisdom transmissions with a highlight on those that are being rediscovered and activated in contemporary culture.
- Discuss how the reclaiming of our legacy of cross-cultural, multi-generational feminine wisdom is a catalysis for the environmental and economic evolution that is a critical turning point for our times.
- Using readings directly from the GAIA CODEX, explore the mythos of an ancient lineage of women, the Priestesses of Astera, who have retained knowledge through the rise and fall of cultures and acted as passionate protectors for our Mother Earth.
- Discuss how the Feminine Wisdom traditions can be evoked and awakened in our day-to-day lives. With our families and friends, with our sisters of blood and spirit.
2. POWER OF THE CIRCLE: The Women’s Circle as a Foundation for Evolutionary Change.
Central to the GAIA CODEX is the deep sense of women sweetly cherishing and cultivating sisterhood through time. The novel also explores how both power of the women’s circle and the web of many women’s circles acting in unison can profoundly catalyze, healing and transformation both personally and in the culture at large.
Look closely at the history of sisterhood in service of the Goddess and you will find the power, beauty and simplicity of the Circle. In current times, many women are gathering in their own vibrant expressions of the Circle—an ancient tool activated for this potent evolutionary moment. How can we use the power of the circle and the web it creates to bring nourishment and health back to ourselves, our communities, our cultures and our Mother Earth?
- Historical overview of powerful examples of sisterhood in myth and history.
- Explorations of sisterhood in its many aspects: sisters of blood, lineage, the deep sisterhood of friends.
- Readings from the GAIA CODEX that illustrate the power of sisterhood through the rites, rituals and histories of the Priestesses of Astera.
- How can we nourish this bond in modern times?
- What is the new myth of sisterhood for the 21st century?
- What are ancient examples of the Women’s Circle?
- How can the power of the women’s circle be used to catalyze healing, social evolution and change?
- What are the simple starting points for starting a women’s circle.
- How can the power of the Circle and be applied to your professional organization and/or your extended community to bring health, wealth, well-being and creativity to benefit many beings.
3. This POTENT EVOLUTIONARY MOMENT:
Human beings are at critical juncture, an evolutionary turning point. The ecological sanctity and balance of our planet is in question and necessitates a commitment to creating regenerative cultures which sustain the health of our Mother Earth and the well being of all beings.
As a novel, GAIA CODEX brings the detrimental effects of many aspects of contemporary culture into focus. The narrative also reveals the deep multi-generational wisdom of those who have come before and shares an inspired vision of what we can create for generations to come. The novel is also a history of how our disregard of the Divine Feminine (the feminine part of ourselves) has resulted in a legacy of violence against women and against the Earth our home. At this critical juncture how do we bring about cultural transformation?
- Using today’s headlines as jumping-off-points and drawing from both key readings from GAIA CODEX and ancient wisdom traditions from around the world as well as referencing a growing alliance of key contemporary thinkers, we can explore the potential and crisis in this evolutionary turning point. How did we get here and what can we collectively create for the future?
4. Women as Guardians of the Earth- An Emergent Voice for GAIA.
It is true that the care and nurturance of Mother Earth is the task of both women and men but under generations of predominantly male governance we have come to a critical and in many ways tragic turning point where are environmental sanctity is at risk and our current social structures no longer serve the short term and long-term needs of the people. It is time to flip the coin and access our innate, deep feminine wisdom in the service of Mother Gaia and in alliance with our intrinsic male wisdom. The path forward is balance but to do this we must first reclaim the deep archetypal wisdom of the Sacred Feminine, the Goddess, herself.
For indeed, we women are guardians of Mama GAIA, protectors of Life- the exquisite Beauty and fertile sustenance, the wonder of creation that is our Living Earth our HOME. This guardianship is natural for the females of our species, it seeded in the Heart of our Wombs in our capacity to give birth and protect and nourish our precious children.
- In Gaia Codex, a key theme is that an ancient lineage of women, the Priestesses of Astera, through the generations and the rise and fall of cultures are holders of key codes of regeneration for our Mother Earth.
- Explore the myth and necessity for the modern day embodiment of women as protectors and rejuvenators for our Mother Earth.
5. The Activism of Imagination:
A text of many layers, GAIA CODEX, was created as a mythopoetic tale that is a catalyst both for the power of imagination and provides key building blocks for emergent cultures at this evolutionary turning point.
- How we can use the power of human imagination to create a regenerative vibrant future that deeply considers the well being of future generations and the sanctity and protection of the 4.5 billion year-old “wisdom codes “of our planet?
- Drawing from readings and themes in the Gaia Codex we can explore evolutionary activism that is just not a protest against but a wildly beautiful, collective dreaming of what can be.
- Highlighting the cultural constraints and outmoded assumptions that have led us to a state of planetary crisis and global economic disparity is essential but at this point we may need the power of a wildly beautiful imagination more than ever to insure the well being of our planet for future generations.
6. MOTHER GAIA: Our 4.5 billion year-old Library of Wisdom
A central theme in GAIA CODEX is that our earth is a living, breathing, 4.5 billion year-old library of wisdom waiting for human beings to access and learn from. Many indigenous cultures have understood our symbiotic relationship with Mother Earth as a source of both sustenance and knowledge. Bucky Fuller put forth a version of this understanding in his book Operating Manual For Spaceship Earth where Mother Earth is conceived as a spaceship readily designed with everything we need for evolution, if we use it wisely.
- How can we be present with the wisdom of Mother Gaia?
- How can we learn to read the records and wisdom of Mother Gaia in our day-to-day lives?
- How did ancient cultures in the past do this and how within the mythology of the Priestesses of Astera and the Gaia Codex is the ‘reading’ of Mother Gaia expressed.
7. The Language of Costume and Adornment: The Intrinsic Power in How We Dress.
In many traditional cultures, dress was both an adornment and a beautiful, sumptuous, symbolic code that gave others information about your tribe and family, the land you were from and often your status in society. Traditionally clothes were made by hand and were the craft of women who would weave and dye the cloth, embroider the details and sew the clothes. Clothes were tapestries into which to weave both prayers and the histories of a people as well of the dreams of hope and regeneration for future generations.
- Using key readings from the GAIA CODEX where native costume is described, we can explore different types of traditional dress and their symbolic meanings and then transition into how we can begin to resource clothes that both consider the health of Mother Earth and look beautiful (Stock images available for traditional costumes and modern design examples.)
- Modern day designers, artists and crafts women who are weaving, dying and creating unique beautiful fashion either from organic sources or as from repurposed materials can also be woven into the mix of this interview.
- How can we expand the symbolic lexicon in our dress? What are we saying through our clothes? How can women (and men) create unique expressions that goes beyond fashion dictate and create cultural evolution and movements in the beauty, vibrancy and sumptuousness of our dress?
8. The Evolution of Homo sapiens:
Homo sapiens are adaptive. We can flourish in multiple environments and have created tools to shape the landscapes we live in and yet many argue that we are not evolving or adapting quickly enough. Case in point, as a species, en masse, we are at unprecedented rates, destroying our Mother Earth and the web of life that sustains us.
We are waging resource driven wars across the globe and have an over preponderance of our human population living in extreme poverty.
In the novel, GAIA CODEX, themes of species adaptivity and evolution are explored when the protagonist, Lila Sophia, is revealed to be a biological experiment- a fusion of science and alchemy created for accelerated adaptivity in resonance with the rhythms and cycles of Gaia. The novel is also a cautionary tale of what can happen when a species is not living in resonance with our Mother Earth.
- Explore themes of evolution through awakening in consciousness, how empathy, compassion and the understanding of the interconnectivity of all life engenders a different set of choices than if we are living in a world where we see and experience other races, other species, Mother Earth herself as “the other”.
- Explore how in traditional native cultures and shamanistic traditions individuals were taught how to take on the characteristics of other species, flora and fauna, as both a means of empowerment and and a teaching of interconnectivity.
- Explore the role of interconnectivity in key traditions such as Buddhism.
- Quotes and themes from the Gaia Codex can be read and shared that explore our innate symbiotic connection with Gaia.
- What happens if we do not evolve as a species?
- What are our current evolutionary choice points?
- Using readings from the Gaia Codex we can explore the Metamorphoses Project, as it is explained in the novel and its implications for soul evolution and accelerated species adaptation.
9. GAIA CODEX- The Author Interview
Dive deep into the GAIA CODEX with author, SARAH DREW. Explore the creation process, inspiration for the book, key themes, social implications…and whatever else might arise!